The Junior Singles League has 4 different divisions that range from the just starting to compete level all the way to #1 on the High School team level. Don't miss all the fun competition coming this winter. For more information take a look at the Junior Singles League flyer.
All Day Summer Tennis & Sports Camp
Yes, we will be offering our tennis camps again this summer, but of course social distancing and lots of hand washing will be the new norm. But, there will be much of the old norm too, which includes making sure the kids have a great time getting better at tennis. Around 75% of the time the camp focuses on tennis and around the other 25% of the time kids stay active playing other fun sports. Of course they do get some breaks as well : ) During the tennis portion kids will learn proper stroke technique, have a chance to hit a lot of balls, enjoy match play, and in doing so will develop a tennis game. In addition to tennis kids also get a taste of soccer, whiffle ball, dodge ball, cricket, and lots of other activities. They will learn how all sports are beneficial to one another and to life in general. Full-day and half-day options available. Reasonable prices for great quality coaching is what you will find at Shellaberger. And of course be rest assured that the health and safety of the kids is always our primary focus. For more information please see the Tennis & Sports Camp flyer.
USTA Junior Tennis Tournament, Feb. 5 & 6, 2022
Registration Ends: Sunday, Jan. 30
Whether getting tuned-up for High School tennis or the tournament season get 2022 off to a great start in this non-sanctioned tournament. What this means is you do not need to be a member of the USTA to enter! See Tournament Schedule to see all the tournaments in Northern New Mexico this year..
Pee-Wee Tennis (Ages 4 to 7)
Great way for the little ones to get started with tennis and gain hand-eye coordination, always with an emphasis on fun! See Pee-Wee flyer for more information.
Junior Strokes (Ages 8 to 16 - Beginner to Advanced)
The focus is on the "fun"damentals of tennis. Teaching the basics and having a great time with instructors is the cornerstone of this class. Students learn proper stroke mechanics, scoring, strategy, and how to compete always with an emphasis on fun! See the Junior Strokes flyerfor more information. Classes are offered August through May.
This program is for advanced players that are serious about getting better in tennis this summer. It includes 1.5 hours of instruction/drills and 1.5 hours of competitive play. See Summer Smashers Flyer for more information.
Junior Live Ball
No Serves, Lots of Groundies, and Lots of Fun!
If you want to hit a lot of balls and get a great workout, then this is the program for you. 2 hours of non-stop hitting on Sundays from 1-3pm. No serves, just lots of groundstrokes! Format is such that every 15 minutes or so you will either bump up or bump down and face new competitors. It is lots of fun, come out and give it a try! See the Junior Live Ball flyer for more information.
Family Halloween Social
Join us if you dare!
If interested in having a fun night of celebrating both Tennis and Halloween then come join us this Sunday, October 24th from 5pm – 7:30pm. It is definitely a hoot seeing Dracula playing a princess in tennis. In addition to the tennis plan on enjoying food, good company, and prizes for the best costumes. For more information see the Family Halloween Social flyer.